Join our Team!
*Scroll down for AUDITION information or click here.
We currently are seeking a Marketing & Communications Assistant.
• Flexible schedule to accommodate evenings/weekends, as needed
• Superior writing and communication skills required
• PC computer skills required (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, etc.), plus aptitude to learn our web-based computerized box office system
• Spanish fluency (oral and written) preferred, but not required
• Experience with social media applications platform
• Graphic design or skills, including experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop are a plus
• Self-starter, creative and highly motivated individuals are ideal
• Familiarity with the Latino culture and theater are plus
• At ease with public speaking and multi-tasking
• Great customer service and cash-handling skills
• High level of attention to detail, responsibility and a team player
• Positive attitude; ability to work quickly, accurately and independently; resourceful and thoughtful; problem-solving skills;
• Personal transportation helpful
• Experience with video/photography equipment/software helpful
Scope of duties
• Answer phones and complete ticket sales transactions
• Manage the purchasing of Office Supplies
• Manage office housekeeping schedule
• Assist with general marketing initiatives; tasks may include writing, editing, translation, proofreading, graphic design, research, data entry etc.
Communications and Marketing
• Assist in maintaining website
• Assist in creation of bi-weekly E-newsletter
• Assist in executing marketing strategies including social media posting, E-mail blasts, and mailings
• Assist in production of collateral material, including production postcards, programs, posters, and stationery
• Assist with distribution of collateral including posters, art cards, and business cards
• Assist with translating, proof-reading and copy-editing as assigned
• Support coordination of production photo-shoots and taking of photos at events
• Support, organize and participate in external tabling events (conferences, fairs, meetings, etc.), as needed
• Other Marketing projects as assigned
Concessions and Box Office
• Taking concessions inventory and reporting to Marketing Manager
• Purchasing concession supplies
• Complete ticket and subscription sales with accuracy
• Complete box office reports
• Assist in record keeping of audience demographics and ticket sales
• Staff box office or concessions
Marketing & Communications Manager
Schedule & Compensation
20 hours per week, 12 months a year
Pay: $12.00 per hour
Benefits: 40 hours of PTO
Send cover letter, resume, references and portfolio samples of writing and/or graphic design to Marketing & Communications Manager, Cambria Herrera at email@example.com. This position is open until filled. For more information about the theatre, visit www.milagro.org.
We participate in Portland Area Theatre Alliance Open Auditions annually. Season 34 general auditions have been held, however we are still accepting submissions of head-shots and resumes.
WHOM WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Season 34: Bilingual and Spanish-speaking actors over the age of 18, all genders and ethnicities are encouraged to attend. Actors who sing, play music, and/or dance are highly encouraged to attend. Spanish is not required to audition.
- Spanish-speaking actors with commedia dell’arte experience
- Japanese-American female, 40s
- Actors to play an 11-year-old trans girl (mixed race) and an 11-year-old boy (Japanese-American) (open to older actors who look/can play that age)
Please email your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an audition time. Please specify if you have a time preference and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.