Join our Team!
The Technical Director at Milagro is responsible for the construction, load-in, strike, and tech of all productions. The Technical Director must supervise interns and crews, construct and supervise construction of scenery, lighting, and theatrical sets. The TD is responsible for the coordination of all technical elements (scenery, lighting, sound) of each production as well as overseeing operation and maintenance of all sound, lighting, mechanical rigging, and related technical systems used in support of stage productions. The TD is required to collaborate with all directors and designers as well as the theater staff on all productions. The TD supervises all strike/load-ins, teaching all production related duties to backstage crew in association with stage management staff. TD will attend tech rehearsals as necessary.
- Attend production meetings to collaborate with directors and designers
- Determine methods of implementing designs
- Schedule design deadlines and determine build schedule
- Oversee all scenic elements (scenery, lighting and sound) for all productions
- Manage all production budgets
- Coordinate and supervise technical volunteers
- Build scenery
- Maintain and improve the shop and storage areas of the theater
- Maintain lighting and sound equipment
- Order building materials and scenic elements
- Oversee the use of the facility and supervise the daily operation of the theater
- Oversee facility upkeep and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current safety practices/standards
- Coordinate with producing director on scheduling and staffing strike and load-in
Other duties to be tended to between shows or off season, include supervision of maintenance, repairs and improvements throughout the El Centro Milagro building including but not limited to: The Office, El Zocalo, Café, Studio, Props/Costumes, Scene Shop and the building exterior.
Position: Full time
Salary: $31,500 – $36,000, depending on experience
Send your resume and cover letter, or other inquiries, to Kaitlin Bodiroga, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com or at 503-236-7253.