Join our Team!
*Scroll down for AUDITION information or click here.
We currently are seeking a DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE.
Position Summary: The Development Associate is responsible for activities associated with individual fundraising, donor relations, cultivation & record management; grant management and grant writing; event production and event execution related to fundraising, particularly Milagro’s annual fall fundraising dinner; designated community engagement programming.
Scope and Impact: Fundraising is an essential component of Milagro’s financial infrastructure. Milagro is strengthening its emphasis on individual donors, board participation in this area, and activities and infrastructure to support this effort. Milagro believes that it will have a more stable financial infrastructure if more individuals support the organization, particularly as aggregate support in this area significantly increases as a percentage of its budget.
- Individual Donors
- Process donations and send acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain and update individual donor data base
- Coordinate production year-end appeal: letters, social media campaigns, board match, giving incentives.
- Conduct research and report on best practices for increasing individual donations; build giving programs
- Coordinate, communicate and schedule donor meetings with Executive and Artistic Directors.
- Work together with Executive Director (ED), Business Manager and consultants on Capital Campaign efforts
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed for reporting to the board and other parties
- Manage donor recognition program
- Work with Fundraising Committee to plan and execute annual fundraiser and other fundraising events throughout the year.
- Institutional Donors: Foundations, Government & Corporate
- Organize staff bi-weekly staff grants meets and prepare updated information on prospects, proposal and report deadlines: Funding prospect chart, including calendar of grant/report deadlines.
- Write grants and grant reports as assigned
- Assemble and submit all grant-related materials; work with Business Manager on updated and necessary financial docs related to grants.
- Maintain foundation, government & corporation electronic and paper files.
- Maintain relationship with Program Officers
- Conduct on-going research on government, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Maintain and update website pages related to Fundraising, coordinating with Marketing Manager and Admin Assistant.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Write and submit Grant Press Releases every two months
- Develop and write quarterly Donor newsletter and other pertinent social media communications
- Contribute as needed to bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Maintain Donor Board
- Maintain Latino community organizational and business database
- Represent the company in public and private venues as necessary
- Handle Contribution requests
- Work together with Marketing and Business Managers to build Corporate Sponsorships
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to tell a story
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Access and fundraising databases.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the mission and make persuasive and compelling presentations to advance the organization’s profile and maximize resource development
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, intercultural communication skills preferred
- Self-starter. Proven ability to solve problems, work in a team environment, and meet deadlines. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and work a flexible schedule, including occasional weeknights and weekends
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Knowledge of local funding landscape
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay rate & benefits: This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary range of $28,000 – $30,000 (DOE). Health, retirement, vacation
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, writing sample and (3) references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Development Associate position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
We participate in Portland Area Theatre Alliance Open Auditions annually. Season 34 general auditions have been held, however we are still accepting submissions of head-shots and resumes.
WHOM WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Season 34: Bilingual and Spanish-speaking actors over the age of 18, all genders and ethnicities are encouraged to attend. Actors who sing, play music, and/or dance are highly encouraged to attend. Spanish is not required to audition.
- Spanish-speaking actors with commedia dell’arte experience
- Japanese-American female, 40s
- Actors to play an 11-year-old trans girl (mixed race) and an 11-year-old boy (Japanese-American) (open to older actors who look/can play that age)
Please email your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an audition time. Please specify if you have a time preference and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.