We are currently accepting resumes in all areas of design for Season 36. Submit your resume and portfolio (or link to your online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Designers and technicians in all areas of production are always welcome to submit their resume for consideration for the current and/or upcoming seasons. Submit a resume and portfolio (or link to your online portfolio) to email@example.com for consideration.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Business Manager is responsible for all financial activities of Milagro/Miracle Theatre, including financial management and control, accounting and bookkeeping, internal auditing, purchasing, payroll, and other general financial duties. This person will develop, install and monitor controls established to safeguard assets and properly record revenues and expenditures according to GAAP. This individual will serve as human resources manager and may take on additional responsibilities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all general ledger activity including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, balance sheet and cash flow reports
- Prepare and file reports for royalties and Actor’s Equity
- Process bi-monthly payroll, prepare IRS & Oregon Department of Revenue deposits and quarterly reports
- Manage rental and concessions income activity
- Prepare materials and interface with auditor and tax preparer
- Work in tandem with the ED on budgeting and monthly financial reporting, quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors, and prepare financial reports for grant proposals
- Maintain adequate internal controls and financial procedures ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with GAAP.
This capacity initiative is key to Milagro completing a successful succession transition, particularly as the company now has the opportunity to benefit from the ED’s thirty years of financial management experience.
- Serve as facilities rental manager, set rental rates, market the facility, write and manage rental contracts
- Prepare financials and budgets for grant proposals, helping the organization to generate a greater number of proposals each year
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, or another Business degree with relevant experience
- Four years of general business accounting experience
- Proficiency in payroll processing and related reporting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge generally accepted accounting principles
Salary: $38K. This is a full-time permanent salaried position with health benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Business Manager position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with a strong performance culture
This support position will be responsible for assisting Milagro’s artistic director and staff in production operations.
- Background in theatre production
- Leadership ability
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to create agendas and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
The Miracle Theatre Group aka Milagro strives to create quality theatrical events. Quality is required throughout the ongoing process of theatrical production, from selecting plays to the dismantling of a production. As a collaborative endeavor, many individuals are involved in theatrical production, hired mostly on a contractual basis. The Production Coordinator is a liaison between the Milagro and its production contractors and employees, to insure smooth operations for all involved. Activities include:
- Liaison with production staff to facilitate operations, create and meet deadlines
- Maintain production personnel files (director, designer, performer, technician
contracts, headshots/resumes, contact sheets, bios, address books, etc.)
- Maintain production folders, and archive materials at the completion of each production (photos, press releases, scripts, etc.)
- Maintain and collect personnel information for production programs
- Interview and hire technicians, production staff
- Support technicians and production staff by gathering necessary materials
- Schedule production meetings and provide production calendars
- Create and maintain general production schedule for the season
- Manage facilities rentals, contracts, schedules, and distribution of keys
- Update and manage production budget (receipts, reimbursements, etc.)
- Update and maintain facilities information, provide training as needed
- Provide training for technicians new to Milagro
- Maintain organization of prop room stock
- Support marketing by providing information for press releases, website, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Pay rate & benefits: This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary range of $30,000 to $33,000 (DOE) and includes health benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter and (3) references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Production Manager position. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered as they arrive. Position open until filled.