Who is Milagro?
Milagro’s mission is to provide extraordinary Latino theatre, culture and arts education experiences for the enrichment of all communities. Since its founding in 1985, Milagro has given a prominent voice to issues affecting the local and national Latino community.
Milagro presents a wide variety of adult and family-oriented, fully mounted theatrical productions and programming; arts education and touring programs; and community engagement programming at El Centro Milagro and in the field. In 1997, Milagro acquired its facility in inner southeast Portland, establishing Portland’s first Latino arts and culture center, El Centro Milagro, which has become a valuable resource for the area’s creative community. Milagro is nationally recognized for its original work, world premieres, community engagement, and unwavering commitment to excellence. Locally, Milagro productions and company members have garnered over 30 Portland “Drammy” Critics’ Awards for Excellence and, in 2015, a Special Achievement Award for over 30 years of creative contributions. Last season, 4 of its 5 productions were world premieres. Milagro has a long history of fostering and creating new work–over 117 world premieres including 60 commissioned, 25 devised and 27 original works.
What does my donation support?
Milagro has stories to tell on its MainStage and through Teatro Milagro, the touring arts education wing that reaches students across the country and locally.
When you invest in Milagro, you are supporting an entire family of artists that enrich our community every day. Your contribution, big or small, helps Milagro continue its journey to provide cultural and theatrical experiences on Portland’s east side.
With the funds we raise through Give!Guide we can:
- Reach more students in urban and rural communities across the country through Teatro Milagro, our virtual tour and Arts Education Program
- Continue to build our INGENIO program, a new works development program supporting Latino/a playwrights
- Take more creative risks with productions, with new and original works (Season 36 features 5 World Premieres and one Oregon Premiere), and we continue to do so despite the challenges presented by Covid-19
- Offer more free creative and community engagement events like tertulia: art + conversation, Posada, and more!
150 Non-profits participate every year in this city-wide fundraising campaign and raise the necessary funds for their organizations to fulfill their mission and continue their great work in our community. The goal of Willamette Week’s Give!Guide is to engage young Portlanders who are 35 and under in giving back to the community, building a culture of active citizenship on a local level all while strengthening organizations. The campaign begins on Nov. 1st and ends on Dec. 31st, 2020.
Milagro’s goal is to raise $10,000, and every donation makes a big difference towards assuring the organization can continue to bring vibrant Latino theatre, arts education, and cultural experiences to enrich all communities to the community locally and on a national level. Donations can be made at GiveGuide.org.
Milagro partnered with our amazing neighbors and friends this year for some incredible donation perks.
- First 5 donors over $500 get a $25 Gift Card from Tamale Boy.
- First 10 donors over $100 Get a $15 Gift Card from La Bonita.
- First 25 donors over $50 get a Free Tamale from Tamale Boy.
- First 25 donors over $25 Get a Free Taco from La Bonita.