Why does your donation matter?
As a non-profit, Milagro is a tax-exempt organization that operates to provide a public benefit, providing extraordinary Latino theatre, culture, and arts education experiences for the enrichment of all communities. Milagro has stories to tell on its MainStage and unique educational programs waiting to reach students across the country and with your support it can reach these goals. When you invest in Milagro, you are supporting an entire family of artists that enrich our community every day. Your contribution, big or small, helps Milagro continue its journey to provide cultural and theatrical experiences on Portland’s east side.
With more funds we can:
- Reach more students in urban and rural communities across the country through Teatro Milagro, our touring and Arts Education Program
- Continue to build our INGENIO program, a new works development program supporting Latino/a playwrights
- Take more creative risks with productions, with new and original works
- Offer more free creative and community engagement events like tertulia: art + conversation, Posada, and more!
What is the Voces Milagro Campaign?
To raise awareness about the organization’s impact in the community Milagro has created the Voces, “Voices” Campaign, – a Give!Guide campaign aimed to raise money towards supporting Milagro’s mission and work. This year Milagro enlisted the help of young Latino artists to share their experiences with the theatre and share with audiences and donors how Milagro has impacted their lives, giving them a voice in our Portland community. The campaign hopes to inspire audiences to give to Milagro in support of diversity, Latino artists and fellow artists of color.
The goal of Willamette Week’s Give!Guide is to engage young Portlanders who are 35 and under in giving back to the community, building a culture of active citizenship on a local level.
Milagro’s goal is to raise $10,000, and your $10 contribution makes a big difference towards supporting the organization’s work in the community. Donations can be made at GiveGuide.org. Not only that but through Give Guide and thanks to Milagro’s business partner, Coopers Hall, donors receive some great perks for giving.
- First 2 donations over $500 = $50 gift card to Coopers Hall (Only 1 claimed so far!)
- First 5 donations over $100 = 1 bottle of Coopers Hall wine with a reusable growler ( 1 claimed so far!)
- First 20 donations over $40 = 1 Coopers Hall wine flight (2 claimed so far!)
Willamette Week also offers the following incentives on upcoming Big Give Days throughout the campaign. For every donation of $10 or more, donors are eligible to win the following prizes from local participants in the Portland Area.
- 11/27/18 – A chance to win a two-night stay at Brasada Ranch in a Luxury suite, plus a round of golf on Oregon’s most breathtaking course!
- 12/6/2018 – A chance to win a Sony RX100 Mirrorless Camera
- 12/13/2018 – A chance to win two tickets with parking to the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Memphis game, two tickets with parking to the Trail Blazers vs. Chicago game and a jersey signed by Jusuf Nurkic!
- 12/20/2018 – A chance to win a Trek FX1 Commuter Bike from Bike Gallery
- 12/27/2018 – A chance to win a vacation package from the Oregon Cultural Trust including a one night stay at the Running Y Ranch Resort, a two-night stay at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, and more!
How can I participate?
Every contribution matters in helping Milagro continue its work, don’t wait to be a part of Give Guide. Help Milagro reach its goal and make your donation today at GiveGuide.org. If you have a story you’d like to tell, we want to hear it! Share your story on social media using the hashtag #VocesMilagro, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Help us amplify your voice – tell us how Milagro has impacted you! Thank you for supporting Milagro’s mission, providing extraordinary Latino theatre, culture, and arts education experience for the enrichment of all communities.